In 2006, I set out to write a book on the business of freelance writing. Seven years later, I find myself the author of 18 books and short reports. OK, that’s not quite true. I’m only half way through the 18th book. And one book is no longer in print. However, if you are looking for a book on copywriting, writing media releases, business writing, the freelance writing business or creative writing, and related topics, you’ve come to the right (or should I say write) place. Or at least you are close the right place. The right place to read in detail about my books, and to link to various retailers selling print, Kindle, ePub and PDF versions of the books, is here.
If you are wondering if I’ve simply dashed off the books, the answer is I have not. As the author, I’m biased, but I’d like to think that each one was meticulously crafted, the odd typo be darned. The proof? As far as I’m concerned, the proof is in the pudding, or at least in the fact that five of the books are being used in continuing education courses at the University of Toronto, Humber College, George Brown College and three other post-secondary educational institutions.
With that in mind, allow me to give you a brief synopsis of the books below. And if you want to know more about me, the author, feel free to visit my website where you can read about me and my business writing and business-writing training services. Now on to the books… Here are the titles, followed by a brief description, of each:
- How To Write A Non-Fiction Book in 60 Days – Ideal for those who want to write a non-fiction book. Available in Print, PDF, Kindle & ePub.
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Freelance Writing – Find, Price, Manage Corporate Writing Assignments & Develop Article Ideas and Sell Them to Newspapers and Magazines – Contains The Six-Figure Freelancer and The Business of Freelance Writing (see descriptions below). Available in Print, PDF, Kindle & ePub.
- The Six-Figure Freelancer: How to Find, Price and Manage Corporate Writing Assignments: Like the title says, this book is for freelance writers who what to find corporate writing (and editing) work. Available in Print, Kindle & PDF.
- The Business of Freelance Writing: How to Develop Article Ideas and Sell Them to Newspapers and Magazines: Fair enough to say that the title says it all? Available in Print, Kindle & PDF.
- Fundamentals of Writing: How to Write Articles, Media Releases, Case Studies, Blog Posts and Social Media Content: Sometimes the description of the book is self-evident in the title, no? Available in Print, Kindle & ePub.
- Unblock Writer’s Block: How to face it, deal with it and overcome it: If you are feeling blocked, this book, with over 70 writing exercises to get you started and keep you writing, is like a like in the seat of your writing pants. Available in Print, Kindle & ePub.
- (re)Discover the Joy of Creative Writing: Meant to get you writing and keep you going. The book has over 50 writing exercises, many of which are similar to Unblock Writer’s Block above. Available in print, Kindle & PDF.
- Harness the Business Writing Process: E-mail, Letters, Proposals, Reports, Media Releases, Web Content: If you are a struggling business writer, or if you want to be a more effective and efficient business writer, this book is for you. Available in Print, PDF & Kindle.
- Copywriting That Works: Bright ideas to Help You Inform, Persuade, Motivate and Sell!: Focused on print ads, but includes chapters on writing blogs and social media copy too. Available in Print, Kindle & PDF.
- How to Write Media Releases to Promote Your Business, Organization or Event: As the title says, this book will help you write media release to promote … Available in Print, PDF, Kindle & ePub.
- Are You Ready For Your Interview? How to Prepare for Media Interviews: And once you’ve issued your media release, you’ll want to prepare for interviews with print and broadcast reporters. Available in Print, PDF, ePub & Kindle.
- Do you Know Where Your Website Ranks? How to Optimize Your Website for the Best Possible Search Engine Results: If you want your website to rank up there in search results, you’ll want this book. Available in Print, PDF, Kindle & ePub.
- Build A Better Business Foundation: Create a Business Vision, Write a Business Plan, Produce a Marketing Plan: Available in Print or PDF
- Put Time on Your Side: This is a Time Management short report. Available in PDF.
- If you don’t know where you are going, how are you going to get there?: This is a how to establish your Business Vision short report, Available in PDF.
- How to Produce, Price and Promote Your Self-Published Fiction or Non-fiction Book and eBook: This book on self-publishing should be available by the end of July, 2013. It will be available in multiple formats.
- Rebel in the Back Seat and other short stories: OK, this one is just for fun… Available in Print, Kindle, ePub and PDF.
To read more about any of these books, click here.